Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wild Weather

I'm on my second week of teaching weather, and as you can see from the photo above (inspired by my colleague Mrs. Graham) we have gone through the basics of a water cycle.  I try hard to teach the same theme in both my science/social studies and reading, whenever possible.  In the Treasures basal I love the story "Super Storms" to support my Wild Weather unit.  I use vocabulary power points I have found online and this worksheet I made.  I also use this visualize sheet I created to help with students finding the main idea of each section.  My colleagues and I have taught various forms of wild weather and students would rotate through each class and learn about hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards and floods.  Students would then create an animation project of the severe weather for their groups.

No comments: